No. As others have said, a pilot license (properly called “pilot certificate” is issued to you by the government after you have the required training hours and have demonstrated proficiency in flying an airplane. “Aviation science” is a college program usually leading to an associate’s or bachelor’s degree which supposedly (but really doesn’t) prepares you for a career in some facet of the aviation industry. That said, many colleges offering “aviation science” degrees often combine them with pilot training, so you get both the pilot certificate as well as the useless aviation science degree… at a MUCH higher cost than just taking flying lessons at your local flight school.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *