You don’t “convert” any type of license to a commercial license. You get a commercial certificate by meeting the aeronautical experience requirements, preparing for and taking the knowledge exam, and lastly by preparing for and taking the practical and oral exam (also known as the check ride).
The limitations on the Recreational Pilot would prevent you from completing the cross country requirements of the CPL experience requirements, so you would have to complete the Private Pilot license first.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *